Let’s talk Value!
Much the same as a Mechanic charges for labour and parts separately, I charge a session fee and a separate price per portrait product.
Currently, the studio session fee is $100 for Individuals and $150 for Families. This fee formally books your portrait appointment and covers your pre-session consultation in her Woodend studio, your portrait session, preparation of your images and a private ordering appointment at my studio.
But that barely scratches the surface. You’re not only paying for those hours you spend with me, you’re paying for my expertise, my creative eye, my years of experience and the heart I put into the time you spend with me.
I wanted to take a moment and let you know some of the things you may not have considered that are included in your Session Fee. Here’s a broader list:
- Professional Camera equipment
- Professional Lighting equipment
- High End Computer equipment
- Professional Image editing software and the skill to use it effectively
- Thousands of hours of education, workshops and training required to operate ethically and effectively
- Data storage and back-ups
- Studio space & location fees
- Promotion and website costs
- Telephone and internet services
- Business and Public Liability insurance
- Membership to peer Professional Organisations to stay up-to-date with Industry Law & best business practices
- …and so much more.
This is the value I add to every single session at Salt Mama Studio.
That’s a whole lot of value for a small investment!
Hello. I’m Amanda Waschevski.
I AM A PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER BASED IN IPSWICH, QLD.
I help people celebrate themselves, just as they are, through beautiful artwork. Are you ready to take the first step?